The Lake Chelan Boating Club was founded in 1954 by local boating enthusiasts.The club, originally called The Lake Chelan Outboard Boating Club, was founded by around half a dozen member families of the local community some of who are still members today.
In 1979 the Club negotiated a deal with the Manson Parks & Recreation Department for the current clubhouse property in Mill Bay. The club then installed the clubhouse along with the docks and the improvements to the grounds. Now the Club enjoys all the benefits of owning waterfront property without the cost.
The current membership is around 80 families now with more joining every year. Our membership is a very diverse group from the young to the more mature.